Maintaining of a smart and beautiful lawn needs some work. It all starts with the mower that you choose for your mowing. You can only mow your lawn, garden or yard properly when you have the right machine if not equipment. Many people only pull out their mower after they feel like their yard looks bushy. That shouldn’t be the idea of keeping your yard beautiful. Mowing regularly is what it takes to maintain your yard. Because mowers have become a great part of our beautiful lives, it is best if you understand clearly what mowers are, what they can do, where to find them, how to buy them, things to consider when buying them among other things. Before you even think of checking out mowers at Elite Mower, here are important things to know about them
Things that you should look for in a mower
Buying a mower is not an easy task. There are varieties of mowers out there, each one of them with unique specifications. Different types of mowers are also suitable for different kinds of mowing. Therefore, you should only choose one that can suit your needs very well. For that, here are some of the things that you should look for in a mower:
- The size: one thing that you should never fail to check in a mower is the size. Some mowers are meant for a small piece of the yard, garden or land and those that can handle large areas. If you are choosing a mower that can be pushed around, make sure that the area you are mowing is very small. Otherwise, you will end up with no energy left even before you are done with your mowing. For insights on different types of mowers, visit or contact Elite Mower for help.
- The terrain: another thing that you should always look for is the terrain. Your terrain can be flat or clear or it can be hilly with many obstacles. If you have a smooth lawn, you can go for a push mower but when the terrain is hilly with many obstacles, you will need to look for a self-propelled mower. In matters of terrain, the price of the mower doesn’t apply that much. Just make sure that you end up with a mower that can make your work easy.
- Mower power supply: this is also another thing that you should always look for in a mower. There are those mowers powered by gas and those that depend on electricity to operate. Each one of them has its advantages and disadvantages. For example, the gas-powered mower can last for long and give enough power supply for the mowing duration. Electric powered mowers are known to produce less noise and they are easy to maintain but they do not last long. At the end of the day, you should choose a mower that will suit your needs and one that you feel is perfect for your kind of work.
- The attachments: another thing to look for is the attachments. If a riding mower is your choice, you should consider choosing one that can be compatible with various attachments. The most popular attachments include the rollers, rakes, fertilizer spreaders among other attachments.
Types of mowers
The types of mowers are also another important thing that you should know about mowers if you are looking forward to owning one. There are many types of mowers out there. Here are important options when it comes to types of mowers
- Riding mowers: this type of mower is very popular especially with homeowners who have big yards. They are the kind of mower that allows you to sit on top of the machine and drive it around to directions that you want. There are those mowers that use steering wheels and those that don’t use a steering wheel. Instead, they use a lap bar. Riding mowers are known to make work easy. They also make clear a huge trach of yard or land effortless. As much as they make our work easier, they are known to be big and that makes storing them very difficult.
- Push mowers: this is also another type of mower that is common among mower owners these days. They are the type of mowers that require more manual effort. They are the type of mower that needs to be pushed around the yard or garden for it to work. If the yard is huge or bigger, this is not the best option for you. To find more about these types of mowers, contact Elite Mower.
- The self-propelled mower: this is also another type of mower that is similar to push mower to buy, it requires less power to mow. As compared to the push mowers, the self-propelled mowers depend on the engine power supply to turn on the wheels.
- The electric mowers: on the type of mowers, electric mowers can never be forgotten. They are the types of mowers that are known to use electricity instead of gas to operate. Although they do not produce a sound and they are easy to maintain, they are not as powerful as the gas models.
- The gas mower: this is also a mower that you should know about. If you want to mowe for a long time without power depletion, this is the best mower to choose. It is known to be very powerful but maintaining it is not as easy as it seems.